It’s easy to feel overwhelmed when your child suffers from anxiety, but there are many things you can to do help.
In this presentation Dr Jodi Richardson will share her experience and talk about:
- What is resilience?
- What do kids need to develop resilience?
- Building distress tolerance in children.
- Why are so many kids anxious?
- What happens in an anxious brain.
- The contagious nature of anxiety.
- How parents can better manage their own stress.
- Essential tools for parents and children to manage anxiety and more.
About the presenter: Dr Jodi Richardson
Dr Jodi Richardson is a mental health and well-being author, speaker and educator. She’s dedicated to helping parents and teachers understand anxiety in their children and students, how it makes them feel (and why), and how to respond in ways that empower anxious kids with the insights and skills they need to thrive.
Jodi has developed her expertise over two decades of professional work in teaching, well-being, clinical practice and elite sport; including working for Beyond Blue on the national schools-based initiative for the prevention of depression.
A mother of two primary-school-aged children, she is the founder and director of Happier on Purpose, the mental health and well-being expert for parenting ideas and is co-author of the best-selling book ‘Anxious Kids: How children can turn their anxiety into resilience’.